Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Aloha!

Greetings from the Honolulu airport! We are here for a three hour layover on our way to Maui. Not long enough to leave the airport and do anything cool - but just long enough to be quite boring. Can't even go shopping because the airport prices are a little too jacked for me. The starbucks here charges $5.05 for a venti frappe - wow, I could feed all 4 of my kids lunch at a fast food joint for $5. I tried too get us bumped to an earlier connecting flight but they said it would be a $40 charge per person. "We'll just have a seat, thanks." The flight over from the mainland was pretty uneventful.

One nice thing was that each seat on the plane had a tv screen built into the back of it with on-demand movies, so if you had headphones - you could just plug them in and watch movies for free. Gotta love free! I watched "Hairspray" and then played a championship game of Bejeweled. Why yes I DID get the high score of the day, thank for caring! I felt pretty proud of that till I noticed that a couple of hours later, the guy in front of us was playing bejeweled and he beat my high score by about 4,000 points. I refrained from kicking his chair. Well, I am quite ready to board a plane and get out of this airport - but in the meantime I think I'll clean out my email inbox...

No comments: