Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Cake...

T minus 2 hours.


So, what do you get when you stay up till 2am creating a birthday cake? Besides slightly loopy and a lifetime supply of Advil?


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


A slighlty lumpy XBOX cake!


I used chocolate fondant with black food dye. What I should have done was just one giant piece and covered the cake and then worked on the detailing. What I did was cut out the giant "X", plop it on and then piece the rest together. (It got a little lumpy in the process) But I tell you what - at 2am you have to ask yourself "Do I really want to start over or will the 7 year olds just be able to deal with it?" *oh, look the clock says 10:18 "Happy Birthday to me..."*


Ok, T minus 1 hour 42 minutes. Must take shower, get dressed, get children dressed, wrap present, pick up pizza, chips & pop, drive to party location and set up room. Hmmnn, perhaps this is not the time to surf the net...

No comments: