Be sure to check out the previous entry for pics of my groovy new purchases...
Ok - on to the BIG story...
-4pm Yesterday-
(phone rings)
Hubby: “Hello?”
Hubby: “Hello?”
An automated voice on the other end: “This is Sears delivery service confirming a scheduled delivery tomorrow between 11am-1pm…”
Hubby (to me): “Did we order anything from Sears to be delivered?”
Me: “No.”
Hubby: “Idiots.”
*click*
-10:45am Today-
(my cell phone rings)
Me: “Hello?”
Live person on the other end: “Hello this is Sears delivery calling to confirm a delivery time between 11am-1pm today…”
Me: “Sorry – I think there’s been a mistake – we didn’t order anything from Sears.” *That’s weird – how would they even have my cell phone number – only friends & family have that…?*
Sears Lady: “It’s a gift.”
Me: “What? What could it possibly be?”
Sears Lady: “It’s a refrigerator.”
*BLINK*
Me: “WHAT?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! SOMEONE IS GIVING US A FRIDGE?!?!!?!?!?!!!!!!!”
Me: “Who is it from?”
Sears Lady: “The giver wants to remain anonymous. Will you be home between 11am-1pm?”
Me: “I will be NOW!!”
-12pm Today-
I had raced home and moved my fridge out of the fridge spot and scrubbed up the dusty “sludge” underneath when my hero the delivery man showed up at the door. He took some measurements and said “Ok – I’ll be right back with your fridge!”
OH. MY. STARS.
Would you care to see the BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL monstrosity that he brought into my house?!?! Imagine his surprise when I yelled “IS THAT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FRIDGE YOU’VE EVER SEEN?!?” I was so excited that I could NOT calm down. I do believe by the time he left my house he was afraid of me!
Ok – are you ready? *squeals* Here it is:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Are you as floored as I am? I don’t even know what to say. Our old fridge was functional - just small. I always had it packed to the gills.
Maybe someone who had been to my house – got sick of watching stuff fall out everytime I opened it!
I think it was around 18 cubic feet. The new one is 26 cubic feet!!
I have NEVER -in my whole life, even from family- never received a gift of this magnitude! I am astounded, simply astounded. And it just -SLAYS- me that I don’t know who to thank...
No comments:
Post a Comment